Between San Vicente de Seniorio and Briones is a medieval bridge. It defended the crossing of the River Ebro from the border with Navarra and Castile. It possibly dates back to 1172. It was rebuilt at the end of the 16th century. On March 9th 1783 two of the arches collapsed completely, and for transit purposes a cable ferry was built between the two banks, delaying reconstruction of the bridge for over 60 years. Because of its structural problems, heavy goods vehicles were prohibited from crossing the bridge several years ago, and in 1997 a new bridge (behind the bridge) was opened.